Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: List of Plastic AG Things

  1. #1
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I figured I'd try to put together a list of plastic AG items so I could avoid them as I try to complete the collections. If anyone knows of plastic AG items, please reply. Also, if some of you have older AG items that are now made in plastic but weren't before Mattel took over, please also reply- then I can know what to look for on ebay! Thanks!

    Plastic things I've heard about:
    Samantha/Addy Ice Cream Freezer
    Samantha's Doll Pram (but this was made out of wood before, right?)
    Josefina's Weaving Loom

    Could anyone post a picture of Josefina's weaving loom- a close up directly of the front? I'm wondering if I could copy the design with real wood and have a real weaving loom.

    Thanks again!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Miss M's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe someone posted on here once that Molly's Radio is plastic, but I'm not sure if it always has been or if it ever was wood.

    I think there was also some discussion that the curly parts in Samantha's desk had changed from metal to plastic with the Mattel takeover.

    Other than that, I'm not sure. I'll think through what I have and see if I come up with anything else...

    Editing to add that Kailey's snorkel set is all obviously plastic. I'm not sure if you're just looking for historical items or not.

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ January 19, 2004 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Miss M ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah- just the historical stuff! I don't mind AGoT being plastic, partly because it's accurate and partly because I don't collect them anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe that Molly's radio always was plastic.

    I think that Josefina's loom might have always been plastic, but I'm not sure and am eager to hear about this one.

    Molly's snow globe used to have a wooden base.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sjdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Josefina's weaving loom is plastic? [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] That surprises me!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Sarah Christine:
    Josefina's weaving loom is plastic? [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] That surprises me!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, me too! [img]confused.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was the one who said that the metal part of Sam's desk might be plastic. But I think you should not give that much credence, because everyone else says theirs are metal, and from everything I've heard apparently I have a metal one too. But, even if it IS metal, it *looks* and *feels* a lot like plastic, even though it is heavier than plastic would be I guess.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    all the food is now plastic and squishy as opppossed to the hard clay

    I THINK Sam's valise is plastic. Jecca said hers smells like leather and mine doesn't and it makes a tap tap noise when I tap it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just checked Josie's weaving loom. Sure enough, it is plastic. Though the dowels that the threads and yarns go on are wood, the frame itself is plastic made to look like wood.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So strange that Josefina's weaving loom is plastic. What could be cheaper than sticks tied together? You'd think that would be a better option...

    As for Sam's valise- were the old ones leather? I know a lot of things used to be made with real animal products and now aren't.

    As for the food- I was a bit surprised when I got Josefina's Christmas Eve set and the cookies were all squishy. Wierd! I think I like the hard ones better- I worry the soft ones will get scratched.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •